Yes, you can preview your response file before sending it to the client.
After completing your proposal, inputting your revision policy, entering your fee, and selecting a sample from your portfolio or uploading a file, click the 'Preview' button directly beside 'Submit Response', just below the Response File section.
Click play to listen to the file you have uploaded or view if it is a translation response. You're also able to view your proposal, which will open for you automatically.
After double checking that everything is as it should be, click the blue 'Submit Response' button to submit your response to the client.
No. Clients understand that you need to protect your work and valuable time and expect to receive only a short sample of your work.
You have two options when replying to the job posting:
- For Voice Over: Record a snippet of the script as a custom response. The client only needs about 15-20 seconds to make a decision on your voice and abilities.
- For Audio Production, Music, and Translation: Select a response file from among your portfolio samples or upload a file directly that best represents what you could bring to the project.
Quick Tip: Responding with a portfolio sample as a response file is an option in audio production, music, and translation only. Voice over talent responding to voice over jobs must submit a custom read of the provided script sample in the job posting.
Keep in mind that the script (voice over), project creative brief, or any other job details (across any creative services on Voices) are the property of the client (or, if the end client is not the same person as the job poster, then it belongs to the copyright owner whose job is being posted) and is protected under copyright law.
Clients with a Voices Plus or Voices Enterprise plan are able to download responses on any job they have posted. Response files are never to be used for commercial purposes, but for demonstration purposes only. Clients with the ability to download responses are prompted with a reminder of our terms of service upon downloading a response file, and they are bound to the terms of service.
Voices offers the download option to provide clients who post jobs with a way of taking their findings to the hiring decision maker. Often the person reviewing responses is responsible for shortlisting and then they take the shortlist to someone else for final approval.
If you are using one of your portfolio samples as a response file, it is very unlikely the client would be able to use that specifically for their project, so the risk is very low. For something more customized, you can protect your work by only sending a portion of it as a response file (i.e. don’t translate the whole document, or sing the entire song, etc.)
In general terms, Voices does not do any filtering of response submissions. When you submit your response to a client they have full access to all that you have provided. They can download your response file (i.e. custom response or portfolio sample) if they are Voices Plus or Enterprise subscribers (note: they will see the name of the file you are submitting when downloading it).
When they receive your response it appears in a Responses view in their account. They have the ability to send you a direct message, hide your response, add you to a shortlist, or hire you by awarding the job and making immediate payment for your services.
If you have accidentally attached the wrong response file, you can simply replace the file by following these steps:
- Click Jobs > Answered.
- Click the job to which the wrong response file was submitted.
- Make sure that you are in the My Response tab and click the 'Edit Response' button.
- If you have uploaded a file directly, scroll to the bottom to the Response File section and click ‘Replace Current File.’ If you have an available Portfolio Sample, and you have selected an item from your Portfolio, choose ‘Select from Portfolio’ and change the file to a different portfolio sample.
- Once the new portfolio item is selected, or your file upload is complete, click ‘Update & Send.’
Smart Responding Tips:
- Ensure you have the correct portfolio sample selected or file attached by using the Preview Response File feature.
- Ensure you've only included a portion of your work or a portfolio sample as a response file.
- If a client’s request seems odd, reach out to us at [email protected] for help or advice.
All clients review responses at their own pace. Some will listen to or view each one, but there are numerous reasons why your response may go unreviewed, including:
- The client may not have started reviewing submissions.
- The client may not have reviewed ALL submissions at this time and is still going through the reviewing process.
- The client may have listened to or viewed a number of submissions and already made a hiring decision. At this point, they would not be likely to review additional submissions.
- The client may have fulfilled their hiring needs elsewhere and will not review further submissions. Clients in this situation are encouraged to mark their job as Completed or Cancelled so that talent are made aware that the job will not be moving forward.
The main reason we do not allow clients to rate responses is because ratings should only be given by people who have actually done business with you.
Some clients do show their appreciation for your response by adding your demo or portfolio sample to their Favorites list to reference for future work opportunities.
The ultimate feedback you can receive from a client is booking the job. For more peer-based feedback, we recommend checking out our Community Forum.