Joy Neighbors has a voice that sells! Her professional voice and style has been described as authentic, compelling, smooth, sexy, conversational, sophisticated, compassionate, sensual and charismatic. Her warm, rich tones attract and hold the listener's interest. And her innate sense of timing and pacing makes her versatile and believable. Joy specializes in broadcast, narration, audio books, business, medical, instructional, IVR/on-hold, and characters.
• Versatile voice
• Thirty years of voice experience
• Extensive speaking and presentation experience, national and international
• Stage experience includes live theatre, radio theatre and Improv
• Excellent sense of timing
• Exceptional script reading and feel for material
English (North American), English (British), English (Irish)
British, Irish, North American, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Child, Middle Aged, Senior, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Movie Trailers, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Voice Experience Includes:
• Image voice for several broadcast stations
• On-air announcer, news announcer, call-in host, broadcast narration
• Reporter for Associated Press & Indiana News Network
• Voice work includes commercials, radio sweepers, IDs, corporate, industrial, training, documentaries, narration, promotions, political ads, character voices.
Formats of Interest
• Corporate image voice
• Industry, training, presentations, web sites, tours
• Documentaries, narration, trailers
• E-learning and audio books
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, message systems
• Character and cartoon voices, electronic games, children’s programs
• Commercials, radio sweepers, IDs, promos, pod casts
• On air, infomercials, live announcer, host, spokesperson
• Thirty years broadcast experience
• Eight years acting experience
• Ten years public speaking – nationally & internationally
• Four years Improv experience
• Improv training with Comedy Sportz
• A.S. degree in Broadcasting Technology
• B.A. degree is Communications
Computer & Software
Email, CD - formats: MP3, WAV, AIF, AAC, F4V, MP4, M4V, MPG, M2V
Up to 48 hours
I am a professional voice and hold a very high standard regarding the work I do.
I have exceptional script reading abilities and for gaining a feel for the material with an excellent sense of timing. I take direction well and am committed to producing your audio the way you want it, when you want it!
Recording & Delivery
• Personal, professional studio
• Broadcast production background
• Audio files can be uploaded in the following formats:
MP3, WAV, AIF, AAC, F4V, MP4, M4V, MPG, M2V
• Willing to travel to client’s studio (Expenses to be paid by client)
• Public Speaker & Presenter
• On-camera experience
• Stage and Improv Performer
Joy has a voice that makes you pay attention and really listen to what she says.Martin & Bayley
Hire Joy as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Joy Neighbors about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.