Program Management and Adaptive Social Protection Specialist
in development and multiple emergencies contexts.
English, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa
Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Podcasting, Videogames
Adaptive social protection specialist, NGO Manager and Evidence-based humanitarian policy analyst. Trained in Risk, Hazard and Resilience management.
Technical experience in:
1) Program quality development with emphasis on Social protection processes in development or humanitarian assistance projects.
2) Application of social accountability tools/ frameworks for evaluating delivery of humanitarian / development services at country and regional levels
3) Experience with managing organization and project-based systems using project cycle and results-based management approaches.
4) Strong competencies in managing a Monitoring, Evaluation, Social Accountability and Learning (MESAL) system. Developed key indicator tools which enables community-driven resilience assessments.
5) Experience in participatory action research and facilitating community participation in development, participatory diagramming, participatory video, Participatory Capacity and Vulnerability Analysis, Rapid Care Analysis, SWOT analysis, participatory observations, scenario planning and translations.
6) Organizational Leadership and NGO management
7) Board Governance in local and international NGOs and tertiary academic institution
Three UNITAR badges:
Badge 1: Introduction to Peace Operations
Badge 2: Understanding Conflict and Conflict Analysis
Badge 3: Conflict Resolution
Current areas of work include:
• Household livelihood security intervention strategies specifically for eradicating vulnerabilities of women and children to poverty and gender-based violence
• Strategies for Community-based environmental and natural resources governance
• Strategies for integrating Social Protection and disaster risks reduction in response to the dynamics of climate change adaptation and mitigation.
• Rural geographies of climate change and resilience building.
• Sustainability strategies for NGO projects.
• Resilience rating systems and performance evaluation tools in rural environments.
Work experience with NGOs, government offices and consultancy firms.
1) 2015: Masters’ in Risk, Durham University, Durham United Kingdom (in view, October 2016).
2) 2014: Harvard Humanitarian Initiative , training in “Building Better Response”
3) September 2013: International Training Course on Disaster Risks Mitigation, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto Japan
4) May 2013: Michigan State University School of Criminal Justice, East Lansing, Michigan. Certificate Course on Incidence Command System (Certificate number: Cert No. 261502).
5) November 2011: International Project Management, Global Campus 21 (INWENT) Facilitated by the German-Government.
6) October 1998-September 1990: Federal School of Surveying,
Oyo, Nigeria. Post Graduate Diploma (PGD), Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
7) October 1989 – May 1994: University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria. Bachelor of Agriculture (B. Agriculture)
20 years post-qualification experience in: NGO management and leadership in Development and Humanitarian Assistance projects with specialty in Food Security, Household livelihood security, Child and Women’s social protection issues.
Technical competence in Adaptive Social Protection linking Disaster Risks Reduction and social protection with climate change mitigation.
Work in the Research and Campaigns department (Volunteer role).Citizens Advise Bureau (CAB), Durham United Kingdom. (2016)
Identifying and focusing on local issues that affect CAB service users in order to develop effective local, regional and national campaigns which encourage vital change in policy and practice.
Monitoring and analysing information from client evidence records
Maintaining the profile of research and campaigns across the service
Communicating on research and campaigns work within the wider Citizens Advice Service
Initiating and planning local action for change including campaigns
Director of Programs and Disaster Response Officer.Christian Rural and Urban Development Association of Nigeria (CRUDAN)
1) Provided technical leadership and support to staff and partner beneficiaries across 25 Nigerian states in the implementation of 5 development and humanitarian assistance projects which received 3 High-Compliant Funding (HCF) from Buza (Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs), Brot fur die Welt (Bread for the World) Germany and Tearfund UK.
2) Developed 3-year and annual program’s results-based management plans, work-breakdown structures, and templates for donor-compliant monitoring and reporting.
3) 2 emergency / humanitarian projects funded separately by Tearfund UK and Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Adamawa State Nigeria addressing complex emergencies resulting in the displacement of persons due to flood and insurgents attacks in communities in the northeast Nigeria.
Specifically developed project proposals, budgets, risk management; and security and safety plans.
Provided Project inception leadership to establish the Projects’ Office, equipment procurements, stakeholder linkages and participation in OCHA sector coordination meetings; staff recruitment and training.
4) Program leadership for implementing:
Food Security and Livelihoods; and Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) in 14 communities of Niger-Delta and Sahel / Savanah regions of Nigeria. Projects contributed to food security and adaptation needs of 8,000 households; with 4 active psychosocial support groups in 3 communities focusing on Food security and trauma counselling.
Geographies and bio-profiling of 2,650 internally-displaced households for food security, nutrition, WASH and Protection programs in Northeast Nigeria Emergency/ Humanitarian Response.
National level procurement planning and management for advertising and procurement contracting of food parcels for 2,650 households; and procurement management of service providers for 72 Latrines and Handwashing facilities in IDP settlements in Northeast Nigeria.
5) Capacity development for Staff and Civil Society partners on Program Quality development, Social Accountability for monitoring Gender-responsive service delivery; Natural resources management and environmental governance.
6) Program management
Developed annual indicator-based program plans comprising 8 projects
Projects supervision to ensure performance-based financing is achieved
Project supervision through project cycle and results-based management framework to ensure program quality assurance and donor-compliance in 25 states
Training of staff and civil society partners on project implementation activities and strategies for achieving project results and outcomes; and ensuring that partners were at the cutting edge of donor transparency, strengthening their access to grants information.
In conjunction with project stakeholders developed Monitoring, Evaluation, Social Accountability, Learning and reporting templates.
7) Outreach and communication
Relationship building with project stakeholders
Contributing to policy advocacy to achieve through the social accountability and justice project initiatives (governance in education and agricultural sectors)
Maintained periodic updating of CRUDAN websites;
April 2011 to May 2012Nigerian Conservation Foundation, Biodiversity Action Plan Project in the Niger Delta, Ministry of Environment, 8th Floor Palm House Sapele Road, Benin Edo State, Nigeria.
Rural Development Officer (Livelihood and Governance in Natural Resources management)
Participated in the project inception leadership and provided technical support to staff and partner beneficiaries.
Initiated and coordinated micro-enterprise and micro-credit development activities in conjunction with staff;
Participated in fundraising for project sustainability;
Training of community/grassroots-based organizations on value-chain product market development, Leadership and organizational skills, sustainable management of natural resources, climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation issues; and watershed management and food security-related issues.
October 2005 - March 2010Nigeria Conservation Foundation (NCF)/ Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) UK, Project in Taraba State, Nigeria
RURAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, (DFID-CSCF funded)
Participated in the project inception leadership and provided technical leadership and support to staff and partner beneficiaries.
Coordinated training of forest-user groups and site support groups, community-based organizations on Leadership and organizational skills, sustainable management of natural resources, sustainable agriculture, climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation; watershed management and food security issues; HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment support; Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) initiatives such as community-led total sanitation schemes;
Initiated and coordinated micro-enterprise and micro-credit development activities and raised household income of 2,500 households/ small holder farmers and cattle grazers by approximately 50% within 5-year project period;
Coordinated activities of agricultural and forest user-groups;
Fundraising for project sustainability;
Liaison between grassroots-based organizations and project funder.
Project won the famous Alice Bukholi Award in 2009 for outstanding performances and impact on women’s social security.
JULY 2000 – March 2001Justice Development Program- Rural Community Development Project (JDP-RCDP), Catholic Archdiocese of Ibadan, Nigeria.
Rural Community Development Officer,
Project inception leadership
Provided technical leadership and support to staff and partner beneficiaries.
Community development and sustainable agriculture with farmer groups, women groups, leprosy community in communities within Ibadan district, Oyo State Nigeria.
5) APRIL 1998 - JULY 2000Oyo-Osogbo Justice Development and Peace Movement, Catholic Diocese of Oyo , Nigeria;
Technical Officer and Animator, (Assistant Coordinator),
implemented community development activities and sustainable agriculture with farmer groups, women groups, leprosy community in communities within Oyo and Oke-Ogun districts.
Prepared training / learning manuals on sustainable agriculture and environmental practices
I was also the first Secretary to JDPC Oyo-Osogbo Diocesan Project Board.
September, 1995 to April, 1998Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ibadan Nigeria;
Agricultural Officer (1), Crops and Engineering Department
Project Manager, Oyo State “Back to Land” Agriculture Project;
Project Manager, Oyo State Dry Season Irrigation farming project.
Responsible for Agricultural Inputs (Fertilizers) procurement program
Secretary to Oyo State Committee on Fertilizer production and Distribution.
Supervised revenue collection at the State Abattoir, Bodija Ibadan, Nigeria
Represented the Ministry of Agriculture at State and National Agricultural Conferences on Agronomy, Horticulture and on matters related to policy development in the Agricultural sector
7) MAY 1994 to MAY 1995National Youth Service Corps, Oyo State Directorate Nigeria
Corps Liaison Officer,
Merit Award received for outstanding leadership role and Community development service.
Constructed Community waste incinerator for Orile-Igbon Community, Oyo State.
Awarded automatic employment by Nigerian government through the Oyo State Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ibadan.
Voice Over Clients
Work experience with NGOs, government offices and consultancy firms.
Hire KENECHUKWU as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact KENECHUKWU ONUKWUBE about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.
This talent has not uploaded any demos yet.