Character voices / accents/ dialects / singing & speaking in foreign languages extensive range of vocal styles including: professional / personable / friendly / soothing / comforting / energetic / easy-going/ dangerous/ sexy /and sensual.
For over a decade, Lauren Synger has voiced hundreds of projects and continues to provide voices for videogames, animation, commercials, audio books, and audio imaging services for businesses. She is a classically trained vocalist and actress who exceeds at bringing her acting talent, enthusiasm, and professionalism to everything she does. Her responsiveness to direction, sense of rhythm and timing, intuition, and versatility enable her to offer clients world-wide with fast turn-around and a wide variety of character voices and vocal styles.
National work includes CG animated movie trailer for Black to the Moon, The Sea Witch in Rage of the Gladiator on the Nintendo Wii, VO for ZapiDoodles by Violight Star Trek Online’s Lt. VanZyl, Klingon Soldier/Officer, and other voices, Champions online’s Adult Ellie, Lethargy, and other voices, voice for radio and tv commercials for Harley Davidson Sales Company, 6 playable characters for Heroes of Newerth by S2Games, and App Instructions for the IPhone (Closet Friend and Pinball).
Lauren's Voices: Blacky (Black Sheep), Laika (Astronaut Dog), Victoria, Fancy (Sheep), Spaceship
Sea Witch: Rage of the Gladiator on Nintendo Wii
Zapi Doodle Kids Toothbrush Sanitizer
Lauren’s Voices: Newscaster: Champions Online
For the past 11 years, she has voiced over 50 characters (including Ann Darrow in King Kong, Miss Simpkins in the Airborn series, Queen Ivi in Fairest, Empress Berenene in Will of the Empress, The Squijum (a squirrel-monkey type creature), Flensa the Dwarf, Princess Arianna, and Allura in The Unicorn Chronicles, and The title character in The Light Princess), and other characters of various accents (British, New York, Southern, French), ages (baby, child, teenager, young woman, mother, old woman), and species (from animal to alien) for multi award winning audio-book production company Full Cast Audio whom she remains employed with today.
In addition to her character work, she also writes original music and provides scripting/editing services for her clients. Her recording studio and audio production house Synger Productions thrills clients with quick turnarounds on quality projects.
Other Projects Include: instructional CDs, Audio Imaging for a multitude of businesses, corporate and technological Business Presentations and Corporate Videos, IVRs (English/Spanish, English/French Bilingual), animated and audio productions, website and DVD narration, and commercial advertising on radio and television (Harley Davidson & Burdick Car Dealership). She has also collaborated with local and international artists to write music, arrangements, and lyrics, performed with and recorded for established and aspiring musicians (including Todd Hobin and Hans Storsberg), sung the National Anthem at the National Press Club for the launch of the Internet, and even recorded demos for a work-in progress musical! Her current projects include videogames, audio books, commercials, music/lyric writing and arrangement, corporate videos, script writing, directing, producing, and audio imaging for businesses.
English, English (North American), English (British)
British, French, Irish, North American, Spanish, US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta)
Child, Middle Aged, Teen, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Educational, Internet, Jingles, Music, Podcasting, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE: 10 YEARS
• Commercial Voice-Overs for Radio, Television Advertising/Corporate Video Include:
Harley Davidson Sales Company, Visiting Nurse Association of CNY, Serious Jobs.com Open Hand Theater, Dunk & Bright, Burdick Car Dealership, Anaren Microwave, Zapidoodles by Violight, Closet Friend and Pinball Iphone Apps,
• Radio Station Indentity, Promos, and Tag lines Include:
ShoutDRIVE Radio, Stickley, Audi & Company, Oswego/Pulaski Savings Bank, various tag lines for Digital Sound and Video (formerly Ed La Comb Studios), Station Identity and Information for WAVA, WITH, WABS AM and FM
• Business Audio Imaging Credits Include:
The Sentea (English/Spanish IVR), Public Service Announcements for Oswego Harborfest,
Automated Attendants, Messaging on Hold, English and Foreign Language IVRs)
• Instructional CDs Include:
Closet Friend Iphone App, English as a Second Language CDs, Citizenship Pretest in ‘06/’07,08/’09
• Narration Experience Includes:
Bookvaria (Narrator, Annie, Danny, and Advertising), Drabblecast Podcast Short Stories (Going to the Chapel/Something Borrowed, Something Doomed), SmartKids with Learning Disabilities DVD, 3 English as Second Language books in ’08, Digi Elements Top 10 Horror Videogame Countdown DVD Magazine
CHARACTER WORK: 10 YEARS
• Character Voices for Videogames Include:
- Online PC- Adult Ellie/Lethargy/ Other Voices- Champions Online- Cryptic Studios
- Online PC- Lt VanZyl, Klingon Soldier/Officer, other voices- Star Trek Online- Cryptic Studios
- Nintendo Wii- Medusa (sea witch)- Rage of the Gladiator- Ghostfire Games - Nintendo Wii (release date- Fall 2009)
- Online PC- Andromeda, Valkyrie, Succubus, Dark Lady (assassin Sai), Faerie Nymphora, The Defiler(Mistress of the Damned), Princess Ophelia - S2 Games- Heroes of Newerth- online PC (in production)
• Character Voices for Animation Include:
- Movie Trailer- Blacky, Laika, Victoria, Fancy, Pinky, Voice in Spaceship- Black to the Moon Trailer- Lumiq Studios
- Children’s Educational Animation- ICAN (Voice of ICAN)- AIM Studios, Hong Kong
• Character voices for Audiobooks Include:
FULL CAST AUDIO
- Mirian C Cooper’s King Kong: Ann Darrow
- Tamora Pierce: Will of the EmpressEmpress Berenene; Circle of Magic Series: Osprey, Lady Inoulia, and various voices; Realms of the Gods: Sarra; Wolfspeaker: Ogress Iakoju
- Ursula Vernon’s Nurk: Dragonfly Princess Scatterwings
- George MacDonald’s The Light Princess: The Light Princess
- Gail Carson Levine’s Fairest: Queen Ivi and Aza’s Illusing
- Geraldine McCaughrean's Heroes Series: Odysseus: Penelope; Thesues: Athena, Medea; Hercules: Baby Hercules, Vice, and Iole
- Bruce Coville: Unicorn Chronicles: The Squijum, Flensa the Dwarf, Princess Arianna, & Allura; Moongobble Series: Queen of the Monsters, Baby Prince, Felicity, Witch; Biscuits of Glory: Elvira Thistledown; Shakespeare’s Greatest Hits Volume 1: Midsummer Night’s Dream: Helena, fairy; Macbeth: Weird Sister; Romeo & Juliet: Lady Capulet
- Kenneth Oppel’s Airborn, Skybreaker, Starclimber: Miss Simpkins
- Heinlein’s Have Space Suit Will Travel: Janice Reisfeld
- Other: Various princesses, sorceresses, witches, teenagers, young women, mothers, old women, little girls, little boys, animals, and other various characters
RANDOM HOUSE LISTENING LIBRARY
- Patricia C Wrede’s Enchanted Forest Chronicles 2-4:
Princess Cimorene, Sorceress, and various other characters including children, gnomes, dwarves, animals
• Character voices for Radio and Television Commercials include:
- Syracuse Brew at the Zoo: Jane Allgood, (monkey, parrot) & Sealy the Seahorse
- Party Warehouse: Animated Spokes character P’Dubs
SINGING & MUSIC: 15 YEARS
• Original Collaborative Songwriter/ Lyricist: Current (6 songs in production)
• Original Songwriter/ Lyricist: “We Don’t Need Music to Dance”
• Collaborations: Hans Storsberg: “Most Anything”, “New Day”
• Live Performances: National Anthem at National Press Club for the launch of the Internet; Anime convention for AnimeKomix Panel in Florida; Organized and solo performance at Ithaca College.
• Band Organization and Experience: Vocalist/Keyboardist for Like Flint
• Choral Experience: Audiobooks: Fairest, Gilbert and Sullivan Set Me Free, Miracles on Maple Hill; Choirs: select Chamber, Show, and Women's Choirs, performing in Toronto, Lincoln center, Carnegie Hall, White House, Wolftrap, and various other venues/competitions in/out of state
Audie Award Finalists: King Kong: Ann Darrow (finalist audio drama 2007); Gilbert and Sullivan Set Me Free: Ruby, Mary, various voices (finalist 2006);Shakespeare’s greatest Hits Volume One: Helena, Witch, Lady Capulet (finalist 2003)
Audie Award Winners: Airborn: Miss Simpkins (winner 2007- children's titles 12 and up) and (finalist in 2 other categories)
Audie Award 2009 Nominees: Fairest: Queen Ivi and Asa's illusing, Skybreaker: Miss Simpkins
Sun Moon Stars Rain: Various Voices
Script Writing, Directing, Audio Production, Character voices, accents, dialects, basic singing and speaking knowledge in foreign languages, esp Spanish. (Language Familiarity in French, Italian, German, and Japanese)
Fast turn-around time, Professional Studio for Recording (Rode NTK, Sennheiser e835, Soundforge,)
Portfolio available, Demo available
*available upon request
Voice Acting: Private lessons with Audiogodz Lani Minella, Edge Studio voice acting workshops and private lessons with David Goldberg
Singing: studied private voice with Catherine Huntress-Reeve, David Parks, Joan Kaplon
Graduate from Ithaca College in Ithaca, NY
Bachelor of Music(voice) Outside field (minor) in Modern Languages
Computer & Software
Dell Dimension 9150
Alesis 8 USB, Alesis Nanoverb, Soundforge, Samplitude
ftp, email, mail
less than 24 hour turnaround
Provide voice for project, Phone sessions, Consultations, Script writing/editing, Directing, Audio Production, Audio Commercials/ Message on Hold recordings with background music, Voice Effects for characters, Recording editing.
“Lauren was fantastic to work with. She got her work done very quickly and her voice was amazing for the character we needed. She was very flexible about modifications and improvements. We would definitely work with Lauren again.”Ghostfire Games (Software Developer for Nintendo Wii)
-- Ed Roman, CEO Ghostfire Games
“Lauren Synger of Synger Productions has been a valuable asset to our client’s radio spots. She has been accommodating, patient and always more than pleasant to work with. Even on short notice, Lauren responded quickly and delivered quality work that satisfied all our client’s requests. She made our job as an agency easier, and we’d recommend her to anyone seeking a professional voice actor with an upbeat, professional attitude to match.”Rosenberg Advertising (representing Harley Davidson Sales Company)
-- Camille Sciria
“Lauren Synger is a joy to work with. Her range as a character actor is wonderful--from sweet ingénue to hippie earth mother to cynical, charismatic, many-layered despotic ruler. And not only is she amazingly versatile as a voice actress, but she is a consummate professional, there when she says she'll be there, on time and ready to work!”-- Tamora Pierce, Author
-- Tamora Pierce, Author
"For seven years Lauren Synger has been one of Full Cast Audio's most versatile performers, with voice characterizations ranging from small, squeaky creatures to luscious leading ladies. Lauren is both a dynamic reader and a fearless actress, never afraid to push to the outer limits of what a character is feeling. We love working with Lauren, and can't recommend her highly enough!"Full Cast Audio
-- Bruce Coville, Author/Founder&Owner,
"Lauren Synger is extremely professional. She is a multi-talented voice personality. She is easy to work with and very personable. Hire her!"Violight
-- Lee Rubenstein
“Recently I had the pleasure of working with Ms. Synger as a voice artist we hired to read a short story produced by our weekly audio fiction magazine, the Drabblecast. Ms. Synger was exceptional in all regards. She was easy to reach, timely in her responses, and performed the role with flair and panache. Here are some audience responses from within just the first week—The Drabblecast Podcast
"I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with the narrator's skill at saying the groom's name (alien name, very difficult to pronounce.) In fact, the narrator was all around stunning..."
"I'm going to have to practice saying the groom's name. Very impressive. Superb Voice acting. I really hope we hear from her again..."
-- Mr. Shadowboxer
"Very entertaining. Lauren Synger did a top notch job narrating. Hard to beat."
"Awesome, Lauren's narration made that story for me."
"I agree, tremendous charisma in the lead role. If Norm takes a narration break, he sure doesn't skimp on the sub. And he's got mega-shoes to fill, so that's saying something. Again, another great, solid non-Norm read, maybe the BEST."
"This may be one of the best read Drabblecast ever. Excellent voice acting."
I would highly recommend Ms. Synger to others seeking superlative, versatile voice work for story-telling projects. She was a delight to work with and exceeded our very high expectations.
--Norm Sherman: Chief Editor, Production Manager
“I have spent much time searching for a proper actress. When I heard Lauren’s demos I immediately found out she is the one I would like to work with. She possesses a unique combination of talent, voice-actress skills and professionalism. I am happy working with her and I hope we will keep on working together during the next phases of my project.”Bookvaria
--Dancho Atanasov: Bookvaria Project Director
“Our experience with Lauren was very positive. She has been very helpful and professional throughout the production. Our client is happy and so are we!”Abacus In Motion Company Limited (representing ICAN animation project)
--Akira Yamaguchi: Director of Creative Services, Abacus In Motion Company Limited
“Our experience with Lauren Synger was an excellent one. The project in question entailed a lengthy voiceover for our new corporate video, with Todd Hobin Studio (Syracuse) doing the sound production/engineering. The read itself was 6-7 pages long, involved some pretty tricky and complex phrasing, and probably contained more than our fair share of technical jargon, since we participate in several tech sectors. Lauren showed up having obviously practiced the VO work well ahead of time. She was a pleasure to work with and direct. And, astoundingly, she essentially nailed the read the first time through. As a result, I would highly recommend Lauren to anyone requiring a real professional.”Anaren, Inc.
-- John Hoeschele Marketing Communications / Government Relations Manager
“Lauren did the voice recording for my website and she did a great job on what I asked for. She even did my spanish recordings and also did a great job. Then when I had trouble with my 800 company, Lauren helped me for many weeks in resolving the issue so my files would play in the proper format. Her patience, prices, courtesy and professionalism was much appreciated. I would definitely use her again in the future.”The Sentea
-- Christian Beasley
“Lauren is by far the most experienced and talented voice actors our station has worked with. She’s never had problems understanding exactly what we want and never disappoints. If you’re looking for a flexible, professional voice for your project(s), look no longer.”ShoutDRIVE.com
-- DJ Ares
Harley Davidson Sales Company
Heroes of Newerth
Full Cast Audio
Random House Audio
AIM (Abacus In Motion)
New Readers Press
WCNY Axxess Media
Hire Lauren for voice-over work. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Lauren Synger about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.