Greetings! I am a Nashville-area voice-over talent, and am eager to help you with your voice needs. I have professional recording equipment in my home (which allows me to provide fast turn around), but if you prefer, I am glad to meet and work with you in person.
The experience I can bring to your project is broad: I'm a trained singer, having performed opera, classical, gospel, country, and pop; I'm a licensed minister and have given sermons and speeches. I offer voiceover services including, but not limited to, television and radio commercials, website narrations, audio books, and more.
English (North American), English, English (British)
Australian, British, French, German, Irish, Mexican, North American, US Appalachia, US General American (GenAm), US Mid-Atlantic, US Midwest (Chicago, Great Lakes), US New York (New Jersey, Bronx, Brooklyn), US South (Deep South, Dixie, Delta), US South West (Texas), US West Coast (California, Portland)
Middle Aged, Senior, Young Adult
Audiobooks, Business, Cartoons, Documentaries, Educational, Internet, Radio, Telephone, Television, Videogames
Professional Voice-over services (2015-present)
- JDH Entertainment Group, Inc. (2015, 2016): recorded commercial spots and intro/exit cues for syndicated radio program.
Professional Concert Singer (1994-present)
- Tenor soloist for performances of Handel's "Messiah"
- First Presbyterian Church, Wichita Falls, TX (2005-2015)
- Tallowood Baptist Church, Houston, TX (2004)
- Classical and operatic tenor roles
- Fort Worth Civic Orchestra (TX): "Missa Hilarious" and "The Seasonings" (2002)
- Fort Worth Community Orchestra & Chorus (TX): "St. Matthew Passion" (2002)
- Chattanooga Symphony & Opera (TN): "Rigoletto," 1999 (Borsa), "Tosca," 1997 (Spoletta), "Il Trovatore," Ruiz (1995)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Opera Workshop: "Chanticleer," 1996 (Chanticleer), "Così fan tutte," Ferrando (1994)
- Regular appearances as tenor soloist with Voce Virili, area men's ensemble based in Chattanooga, TN
Minister of Music-various churches (1996-2015)
- First Baptist Church, Waverly, TN (2012-2015): served as minister in charge of comprehensive music program. Led all choirs, trained singers, instructed in voice. Called upon to preach from time to time.
- First Baptist Church, Dayton, TN (2009-2012): served as minister in charge of comprehensive music program. Led adult and youth choirs, administered other music activities, trained singers, and instructed in voice.
- Sycamore Baptist Church, Springfield, MO (2004-2008): served part-time as minister in charge of music program. Led adult choir and praise band, administered other music activities, trained singers, and instructed in voice.
Professor of Music-various colleges (2004-2010)
- Tennessee Temple University, Chattanooga, TN (2007-2010): taught private voice, music theory, composition, and directed Opera/Musical program (performances included "The Music Man," "Amahl and the Night Visitors")
- Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, MO (2004-2007): taught private voice; directed concert choir and Opera Theater program (performances included "Little Shop of Horrors" and "The Elixir of Love")
- Chattanooga High School, Chattanooga, TN (1999-2000): directed choral music program, teaching four choirs and two voice classes.
- Tennessee Valley Theater - Young Ralph, "The Last Romance" (2012)
- First Baptist Dayton Dinner Theater - Johnny, "Johnny Unforgettable" (2011)
- First Baptist Dayton Christmas Play - Zach, "The Ornament" (2009)
Extensive coaching/training with Such a Voice, 2016
Bachelor of Music (Vocal Performance), 1995-University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
Master of Music (Voice), 2004-Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Computer & Software
Apple MacBook Pro (2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD; Apple Logic Pro, Garageband, Audacity
PreSonus Inspire 1394 FireWire audio interface
MP3/WAV delivered via Email, DropBox, Google Drive
On budget, on-time. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.
"Michael, I love your voice and your style. You have a resonant, mellow quality about you that comes across (the fact you speak in front of large groups lends to your natural talent) but I also like the fact that you sound unpretentious and friendly at the same time."Roger Grant, Producer
"Compassionate, hospitable, approachable, genuine, expressive. Michael was a pleasure to produce. A consummate professional throughout the coaching and recording sessions, he follows direction well, is able to bring a range of diversity to the copy, and is intent on making his performances stellar."Angela Castonguay, Producer
“I couldn't be happier with the work Michael has turned out for our radio program. He provided just the right tone for our show, and I appreciated the warmth and energy he brought to our project. I absolutely will be calling on him again for our future voice-over needs.”John Hall, JDH Entertainment Group
Hire Michael as a voice actor. Payment is made through Voices.com SurePay, an escrow service that guarantees your work is done to your satisfaction. Send payment securely by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal through Voices.com then download your files from the website.
To contact Michael Mays about your project, request a quote today. We'll walk you through the process step-by-step. It's fast and easy.